The Nikon-Walkley Press Photography Exhibition
The Nikon-Walkley Press Photography Exhibition allows members of the public to see the biggest stories of the past year through the lenses of Australia’s best press photographers.
Heartbreak and triumph, jubilation and devastation: it’s all on show.
Each year after the Walkley Awards, the Nikon-Walkley Press Photography Exhibition hits the road for a year to show a wide audience the outstanding moments in sport, daily life and news reportage.
Over the past three years the Walkleys has grown its photographic program to include exhibitions in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Newcastle and Perth.
In 2014 the exhibition will also travel around regional Queensland through the support of APN News & Media.
At each location Nikon, The Walkley Foundation and the hosting venue launch the exhibition, with current finalists or winners invited to give a floor talk about the works and provide insight into finalists’ work.
The 2013-14 Nikon-Walkley exhibition tour dates:
- Sydney: October 14 – December 15, 2013 at The State Library of NSW. Includes the Nikon-Walkley finalist announcement and exhibition opening
- Melbourne: October 14 – November 9, 2013 at Eleven40 Studio Gallery
- Adelaide: December 21, 2013 – February 9, 2014 at Artspace Gallery, Adelaide Festival Centre
- Brisbane: January 14 – February 10,2014 at Brisbane Powerhouse
- Perth: February 18 – March 15, 2014 at The Epson Print Gallery
- Sunshine Coast: March 27, 2014 to May 3, 2014 at University of the Sunshine Coast Art Gallery, Sippy Downs QLD
- Newcastle : May 5, 2014 – June 1 at Newcastle Library
- Hervey Bay: May 7, 2014 – June 1, 2014 at Hervey Bay Regional Gallery
- Rockhampton: June 4, 2014 – June 30, 2014 at Rockhampton Regional Library
- Toowoomba: July 4, 2014 – August 3, 2014 at The Grid: Hybrid Arts Collective (TBC)