Storyology 2014: Innovate, Create & Inspire!
From December 1-4, 2014, we’re taking over the Chauvel Cinema complex in Paddington for Storyology, culminating in the 2014 Walkley Awards for Excellence in Journalism!
Storyology: Innovate, Create & Inspire! is a four-day festival that brings together journalists, screenwriters, authors, satirists, entrepreneurs, multimedia gurus, documentary-makers, photographers, producers and bloggers in a space to inspire, foster collaborations, and encourage experimentation and bold ideas.
You can’t afford to miss Storyology in 2014. We have a stellar line-up of local as well as international talent to help map your storytelling journey, including these international media
- Aron Pilhofer, executive editor of digital, the Guardian (UK) (just announced!)
- Emily Ramshaw, editor of the Texas Tribune, Austin TX, USA
- Ben Smith, editor-in-chief of BuzzFeed, NYC, USA
- Femi Oke, host of The Stream, Al Jazeera English, UK
- Kevin Davis, CEO and executive director, Investigative News Network, LA, USA
- Maria Ressa, CEO of Rappler, Philippines
- Madhu Trehan, founder and editor of NewsLaundry, India
- Dina Zaman, author and renowned columnist, Malaysia
- Amir Muhammad, writer, publisher and filmmaker, Malaysia
- Nivell Rayda, author and Sunday editor of The Jakarta Globe, Indonesia
PLUS many more to be announced. Learn more about these luminaries and more on our Speakers page.
Storyology isn’t just about the summit – check out what’s on offer as part of Storyology Social!
Tickets available now!
For Media Alliance members, it costs just $336 (early bird rate until November 14) for four amazing days of professional development opportunities, inspiration, practical master classes, as well as a host of networking events. There are also single day passes available for Freelance Focus and Innovation Focus ONLY for the early bird rate of $152, or the 1.5 day Storyology pass is $232 for Media Alliance members.
To buy your ticket go to http://walkleys.com/storyology/buy-tickets/
Get in quick, because tickets are limited and this event will sell out.
What are people saying about Storyology? Find out here:
Thanks to the support of Copyright Agency, there are 10 scholarships available for Freelance and 10 scholarships for Storyology Dec 3-4.
Applications have now closed – stay tuned for details about our lucky recipients, and find more details here.
Partner with us
To enquire about partnering on Storyology and associate your organisation with innovation and the pursuit of excellence, get in touch.